Friday, December 13, 2013

The Day Room 230 Stood Still...

It was so empty today.

I did show up, three times, to teach my kids.  We read Oedipus for the second time, and I think it only gets better.  I had such a great time today in class; days like today remind me why I love my job so much.

If you weren't there, it was awesome and the story progressed a bit.  Oedipus talked to a prophet, Tiresius(who happens to be blind) and was incensed that Tiresius wouldn't tell him all he knew about the murderer in Thebes.  Tiresius and Oedipus insulted each other for pages until finally, Tiresius told Oeddy that he knew something about his family that would devastate him.  That's where we left off.

This weekend, read and annotate the following article.

Tragedy and the Common Man

If you can't print, please take notes instead of annotating.  We'll discuss the article AND continue reading on Monday.

I'll be posting a few other tidbits this weekend.  Until Monday, enjoy: )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.